Saturday, August 16, 2008

Moving

It's Friday afternoon here in Madison. And I am waiting for my fellow friends to call me to help me move in to a new place today. They rented the U-haul from 12 pm till 6 pm today. And I wonder if they have missed me. I called them and in fact that they are on their way.

Its a peculiar thing here in Madison where you lease ends on 14th August, 12pm and you have to move out of your house but, you do not move in to your new house until the next day 15th of August. Strange isn't it? Where exactly do you stay on the night of August 14th? Nowhere I tell you. You are basically homeless for one day!

For my friends and I we have to camp at a friends house. Such a hassle! And remember, I just arrived the day before! I arrived on the evening of Thursday August 13th, had time to breathe and eat for a couple of hours and next, pack my things up to move tomorrow! Add jet lag to the equation!

For me, I packed things up till 12 midnight, then it gets too much that I had to go to sleep for a while and around 3.30 I woke up and continued packing. And around 5 o'clock I finished packing. Next ! time to haul things up the truck!

It seemed that the storage where most of the Malaysian store their stuff temporarily is almost full and they wanted me to store my stuff for one night at my lab. So, I said yes.

People here are courteous, when they saw me hauling things at the Department and one staff, helped me by bringing me a cart. That was so thoughtful! So all of my stuff are here at the lab. And I am still waiting for my friends(new housemates) to bring in the U-haul truck.

No comments: