Monday, May 05, 2008

Twoo.na, Tewna..Thoona..(*update videos)







Friday

I woke up late again. And just enough time for Fri prayers. After that, I bought a foot long tuna sandwich with Parmesan bread at Subway. I got really irritated, when I have to repeat myself 5 times "tunaa" "twonaaa" "thunaa" "twoo naa" "twoo naa" and lastly the worker understood. Shiish.

I found out from Izk that, the food service workers were always like that. They do not comprehend anything else but the MIDWESTERN SLANG. If you wanna speak, speak the Midwestern slang or..its your problem. Not theirs. And who cares where do you come from.
They do not even want to try to comprehend.

Izk who seemed not to have any specific slang, should not have problems, but HE DID. It takes a while. The problem also occurs to native speakers like Izk. And the fact that tuna is pronounced as "toona" and next time just say 'tuna fish sandwich'.
Thanks Izk for clearing that up.

I had a miserable start that day. The fact that someone didnt replied my messages really made an impact. Later, Jsh showed some of the phylogenetic tree that he build. An outcome of a year's research, it seemed. And he did show some of the Peltigera lichens in the herbarium. Next he asked whether I wanted to go to FAC. I said yes. And my gosh, how i feel like fish out of water. People talked, but I felt invisible, besides Jsh's constant chat with me. They weren't that friendly or asking me anything. I sat there blindly. Sure is hard mixing with strangers. Silently, with sign language Jsh gestured" hey you! i wanted to go home". I quickly headed out.Jsh said " see ya on Monday".I said "ok".I left.

And enough of the terrible start. I went home and tried to clear my mind up. There was an invitation from Pjoi for badminton at NAT at 6.30. And i mulled on it for awhile. And then at 6.45pm I cycled to the NAT. And fun it was. Its the only game where I scored and had natural talent in. Well, it seemed that in terms of rank, Acp's would be first and then Pjan and Pjoi. They always compete to death. So to say.Anyways it felt good to win.

Then Ifq, me and Qla went to the Swenson's House Kafetaria for some Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Then we went to to Carson's for some vege pizza.

I went home at 12.00am.


Saturday.

Yesterday I had a haircut at cost cutters, watched three quarter John Wayne movie with Shnn and also watched Iron Man.

I woke up by Shn's call. She wanted to ask me to go to see "the searchers 'starring john wayne at the University Theatre. Its for free. I said yes. Then later, I reheated the chicken kurma gravy and had instant noodles. And oh yes, i got messages. But sadly frenster was on renovation. Around 3.00 i got a ym from Acp.
Acp asked whether I wanted to go to lunch. They decided to go to Barn Thai restaurant. Fu, Zz, Pjn, Id joined. I had shrimp tom yum. It was fun having lunch with friends.

Videos







I had a haircut at cost cutters. I had a coupon for $2 off. And sadly, although $2 off, but I had to pay for tips which is , exactly $2. Oh yeah, Miflin street party was on that day. I asked the hairstylist whether she wanted to go, but she says that she aint. Its just for some young college kids. Young kids who just wanted to drink too much.O hoh..

Strangely after that, I was so dozy, although I fight it. I slept from 5.45-6.45. 7.10pm I went to see 'the searches'. It wasnt at the real Univ Theatre but actually in a small room. And boy, it was packed (with older generation i might say). 9.15 I had to leave cause its time to go to see Iron man. I joined Acp and Fu at the Mem Lib. We took off by Khrl's van at the Regent. Gnu was there too.

Iron man as alright.

After watching Iron man, Khrul took me to Denny's. I had a vege Slam burger, fries and a refillable hot cocoa. The cocoa was awesome, full flavor and with sweet whipped cream on top. I had 2 cups of that before indulging in my slamburger. There goes my diet.


Sunday

I woke up late today. And as the wisc mail had probs, I turned into blogging. And then saw Rph at gmail chat. I had to cut it short cause I had to go to the toilet.

Today i had planned that I will go to the new Kingston place apartments with mabij. Ifq cant make it. Well. It was supposed to be that, I should negotiatiate the furniture prices to $25. Cause otherwise it would be better to just buy it at the St Vincent dePaul for the same price.

My body's hurtin. I guess it needs some exercising. Off to the gym.for me.

After gym, I headed to the Kingston place. I had a few chat with Jim the old occupant of the house that we will move in this August. He was a future medical Dr and down to earth, I might say. He has roots in Taiwan, whereas the Nsh was from Syria originally.

At 4, I headed to Acp's house. I thoght that maybe the Sweet n sour fish was ready but it was put on hold cause Khrl had to bring his kids to see Iron Man. So Acp cooked nasi lemak (coconut milk rice) with some chilli squid. Yum! Hung out at Acp's room for awhile. Then I retreated to my own. For an evening nap. Its ok to nap since I had been to the gym for an hour (total).

I woke up for Maghrib prayers. And then Pjoi called and invited for dinner. Yum, there was a sweet and sour red fish , with minced meat rolled in an omelette and squid Tom Yum. Yum yum..this made me feel as though Im already back in Msia. Hehe. They also served longan juice with real longans. Wow..splendid!









Then, I joined them for chat and shisha downstairs at Pjan's place. They discusssed about the Midwest games that will be held soon, while the NCAA final volleyball was playing. Penn State won the championship. Its really cool when you got to appreciate the game and you see the game as an art. I guess the feeling is beginning to creep into me too.

No comments: