Monday, May 12, 2008

Friday and Saturday

Last Friday, was the last day of class. And coincidentally, our lab had organized a washing the dishes session. To clear up the glasswares that has been left abandoned for so long. As I had the Friday prayers to attend to after my morning class, I was able to attend the washing up after 2.00pm.

The session started with the collection of the glasswares. Next the washing and then the rinsing in a tan colored tub. Lastly the acid wash was done by Jim to clear off all the hard to clean residues.

My Sv was also present doing the 'dishes' herself. I was kind of surprised on how humble she was. And she was always asking, is it my turn already? I would like to do the dishes . I mean like, no way you got to see that in Msia.

After that, we are treated with some smoothies, pretzels, salads and fresh strawberries and dont let me forget the delicious muffins. We chatted next about expeditions that were held in the tropics. And various travelling experiences.



Yesterday was Saturday and I found out that my friend Khirul just had a baby boy the previous Thursday night. And I opened my email late, so i just knew about it. And he was sad that none of the students came. And also I felt, why shouldnt I go. Its just a bike away.



No comments: