Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Preseverance

Dear Diary,
 
Today I awake after the 'dreadful' alarm made by Fiz, Ikie's bro. He recorded himself saying to me bangun..bangun..Somehow the sound of a stranger makes you alert and woke you up instantly without any hesitation.
 
Today..I had breakfast with Ikie, joined later by Rpah and Ayie. We chatted.
 
Then I went to the lab. I tried heating up the TLC plates on the heat-stirrer with the minimum of heat level. At first it turned out okay. Then it doesn't look right. The plate does not heat up properly . Thus, I turned it around. Then, splatter, crack..Ooops.. I did it again. Luckily Lee Choo's not around.. hehe I wiped all the mess. And the I went downstairs asking if I could use the incubator. To no avail. The LA said that they are still being used by the undergrad students..Alas..
Hmm.. I thought to myself.. I must do it the traditional way or the 'primitive way' as Dr. A says it..Hmm I heated it up ..by Bunsen..and it took so long to so a single plate...Splatter crack..ooops...Hmm..I decided i wanna do it at the next lab..Cause the temperature isn't as freezing . So I did it for one hour..And the Bunsen ran out of gas..Oopss...Wow..talk about preseverance  as a Post Grad Student..Lots of challenges..
 
Well I shall never give up..Cause I noticed the only thing that is easy to get in this world is something that you didn't want in the first place..Hmmm.. isn't it ironic...
 
Then..the Bioinfo had a small 'jamuan' to welcome the new students majoring. So we feasted on scraps..Actually lots of mee/noodle and meehoon. Plus the tea and coffee..all to go!..
Dr. A said about the high standards of my external and so does Ayie..and he advises me to 'write properly' . Hmmm....
 
I didn't go jogging as planned cuz..the thought of 'warmth' of the 'jamuan' will boost my spirits..And it does ..it really does..
Okay I have to go ...thats all..
 


Sell on Yahoo! Auctions - No fees. Bid on great items.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish u lots of luck...Hu..hu.Cepatla abiskan research..boleh grad sesama nanti.

LUKE said...

reese.. naper tak update? huhuhu... bizi ek?.. or bizi dok menjala ikan? auw!.. hehehe

Anonymous said...

good luck..