Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Making mistakes and learn from it and go on.


Dearest Diary,
Today I experienced once again coming back to UITM Shah Alam. It is for the sole purpose of admission for my little sis.
Early this morning I awakened by my father's voice asking me to go. Blurred and totally unaware I got up and got ready. As I was ironing my blue checkered short sleeve t-shirt, my sis went pass me carrying a towel to bathe, saying , " Tell dad to just go have his breakfast first!" . I couldn't believe it. Well that's what she is.. "Is" means that hopefully, in time she'll gather more senses in herself.
 
Then hurriedly we went to Taman Maluri and after getting the letter, went straight to UiTM Campus in Shah Alam, with dad at the back seat and me with the key. Hm..so that's what a son is for right? Helping in times of need to the bearers and care-givers. No complaints.
 
We arrived at the gate, and after getting the passes, went straight to the Cancelery Office. Its actually a new building straight up from the Main Big Arched Gate. I am an alien here in UITM, totally. I can't remember was the last time I went here. Where is where? Confused..in 5 years, so much have changed...so much..Come to think of it..SO have I..hehehe Thank God I am going post grad studies..
 
We waited outside the Office, since the VC was away on meeting that will end at around lunch time. So I was told , since I went to the loo immediately reaching level 6, the office. I saw my sis kinda agitated and motivated to go somewhere. She was convinced by the Senior Guard to take matters to our own hands and meet the Asst Registrar at the Innovation Cent re. Kinda blurry still, hesitantly I agreed, not knowing what to do actually. Luckily my father was thinking more clearly at that time and thank God for that.
 
Hurriedly I drove to the center, only to find a students in line in a cramped up space and plus some unhappy parents. And I am still hesitant and powerless to say, or do anything. A determined parent knocked on the glass and persuaded the staff to open the door. And they succumbed and proudly the father dashed inside bringing his daughter  and also wife inside.  I am feeling claustrophobic. Outside, the Notice was saying " To all unsuccessful candidate please, appeal on line for the November Intake." I just had a hunch to where this is leading. We went back to the Cancelery.
 
Still no sign of the VC, and since it was lunch time, we went to the First Floor for lunch.After that went to the Pusat Islam to pray.
All the time in UiTm I was thinking hard , reminiscing about bitter sweet memories here. The place that I learned a lot about life and living. About who I am. About who I am now.. And most of the time I was thinking about the other possibilities had I not had my two feet placed her..
What are my expectations and what have life offered. Hmm most of the time there in PI I was dissatisfied...
 
 After that hurriedly I went back to the car not knowing that I had slipped the Visitor's Pass somewhere.Father and my sis had waited inside the car.
 
We had to get back to the Canselery before 2.00 cause they are gonna have a meeting at 2.30. So Dad and my sis went out quickly as I parked the car. As I try to get out, I noticed that my Visitor's Pass was missing. I was frantically searching everywhere for it.. And since it was new, so I decided to drove back to PI to look for the Pass. I searched up the stairs , the hallway, the toilet , everywhere and to no avail. It was lost and I do not have a single clue as to where it was. Feeling blur and depressed, I went back to the Office.
 
Then only I realised, Oh how ungrateful I am ..After what UITM offered me, after all the places that I have been. How dare of me to be ungratefull. Bad could get worse, still worse could get  worser..I have been so ungratefull..
 
 
And when I went there..I saw my dad feeling happy and filled with gratitude to those who had helped us. And Kish also. Office Management (QM114) in Sri Iskandar, UiTm Campus in Perak...I was blur and depressed before and now I am in a state of anger cause the course that Kish got wasn't at all planned by me, or my dad or kish. I am in a state of dissatisfaction. I was thinking that she'll gonna think back on this day . and wished that they'll gonna change that.
 
We went down to the cafe cause we had to wait for the official letter. We had tea there.I was recklessly saying what I had in mind the feelings, my plans for Kish. Suddenly, my dad patted me on my back saying " Oh, you just couldn't get everything in this world". Surprisingly the pat, eased my grievances. Just like that.
I begun to think straight.
 
And so, It's okay that kish got the course Office Management (SS14) so ? Life goes on..It doesnt matter..Cause nobody's perfect. You try to correct damn everything that you have screwed in your life and you plan for the best so that the mistakes won't be repeated. So it didn't work out. Ask the person who is in charge..She's happy and Dad's happy and that's all that counts..It was worth it, all the sacrifices that they had made. And this is the peak of it. Thank God. And how could I have been so ungrateful?
 
Hmm..thats what life's about anyway..Making mistakes and learn from it and go on.
 
And the letter finally arrived and we went back to PI to pray. After prayers, the makmums all dissipated, I had to urge to ask the Imam about my missing visitor's pass.. I was about to go and then..I thought..."NaaaH" I turned around and went.
My father saw my gesture , instead he went straight to the Imam who went inside. I heard some cheery laughter and went inside out of quriosiy. And there..I found the Imam holidng my visitor's pass.
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alhamdulillah...thank you nyah riz

LUKE said...

wow weeee.. cun cun cun... blog semakin cun.

Oohhh ITM.. rindu kat ITM!!!... huhuhu