Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sun 1/19/09 AJL

Today I woke up early. Hehe. Its the AJL 2008 Finals, and a freshman told me about it yesterday and how he was so anxious waking up early to watch the show. Anyways, it was broadcasted live at the tv3 website.

It was refreshing to know that the music industry in Malaysia is changing. An indie group Meet Uncle Hussein won with Lagu Untukmu. The song was actually composed in 2005 and not until recently that the song has gained popularity with the audience. The song was a theme for 'Kami' a web-based short film, and thus has gained popularity with the younger generation. I did not know about the song until, I came here in WI in January 2008.
Its kinda ironic that you would watch your own films and tv shows when you are not staying in your own country.
And when you are back, you continue being a fan of USA shows.Hehe.

Just saw shawshank redemption. Phew. What a great movie it was. Just brilliant. I mean like I have heard that people talk greatly about the film and now after seeing it myself. I have to agree.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

This year AJL is the best ever i think. The song by Meet Uncle Hussein is reminding me of rock bands like Search & Wings where they can sing high pitch note without any problem. The stage lighting & the big screen around stage also giving extra effect which make the performance sizzling hot...

Anonymous said...

Pergh korang semua ada blog eh...
SR to me is one of the greatest movies of all time. Isn't it ABSO-FREAKIN'-LUTELY BRILLIANT? I think I've watched it at least 30 times, memorized most of the lines, but I still get excited to watch it again everytime they show it on tv. Because I know, by the end of it, I'll be experiencing a whole mix of emotions, consisting mainly of pure amazement, admiration and awe.