Friday, January 02, 2009

Trip to Florida

I'm here in an AA plane. It’s actually American Eagle. It brings back memories of having to take a flight going home and coming back here. As usual, on a plane you get ideas to write. I’m quite lucky to have a friend with me. It is Winter Break and I am going to Florida.

It's going to be about 5 hour’s flight to Florida. Friends are waiting for us there. I'm here with Mshth. It feels so much better going with on this trip than the trip to so called NYC.

I wonder what makes a trip awful. Lots of things actually, it could be that u r not having close friends with you; it could be that your companions are behaving like a bunch of hooligans. It’s the misbehaving that I could not stand. Oh come on! Who do they think they are? A bunch of locals? They r still foreigners! Although they r living their fragile early adolescence here in the so called land of the free, the fact is they r still Asians. We Asians are more reserved, and more refined, I guess.

I mean oh behave!! I am really curios as to why do they behave the way they are. It is as if they really needed to vent out some frustrations. Stresses needed to be vented out that's my best bet. The person I'm talking about is really hardworking all day all year round, so it's logical.

From the rounded corners of the plane windows I could see the whole of Madison. Wow, it's really flat out here! We have just taken off. Seriously flat out here. I mean like if anything were to hit the country out there like a storm or something, this place will literally be flat out gone!

Oh it's turning! It's dizzy I'm getting dizzy.

Wow seriously flat out here. No hills or elevations could be seen. Shining frozen rivers could be seen from up here. Beautiful.

Just had a drink-cranberry juice.
Oops we are landing in 5 minutes time.

Next plane, now on board, flight to from Chicago O’Hare to Orlando. I was supposed to check in together with Mshth, and I thought that it's settled as we checked in at the MSN airport by it's not. So I end up being separated with her. It's ok. I could use a peace of mind for a while. You know, to let the mind wonder for a bit.
It's kind of strange that a flight like this doesn't provide food. And good thing is that we got to bring our own food. Kind of strange to me being on a plane and eating from your own supply of food. Culturally it is different. Flights are, for me, expensive, classy, with elegantly clad pleasant looking stewardess. Hot good food served in tiny little cups, with just enough amounts to make u full but not too much to make u sick.

I'm still here at my seat, waiting for the flight to take off. Reassuring voice from the captain, 5 minutes time.

I had a chat with the man next to me and he ended up switching seats with Mshth. Alhamdulilah.

1 comment:

DrKong said...

wow... best p Florida... sunbath lah jawabnya...