Thursday, September 18, 2008

Going back to class

Aghh..going back to class.its like reliving your life once again.
Catching the bus, painstakingly scribbling down every word that the Prof says, every once and awhile looking at the speaker and nodding in agreement.

The strange faces that stare in the huge lecture hall.
This time its different. No more same black hair, brown skinned students. Now, its blonde, blonde and brunette. Most students here.. most people here are blonde. They say that they traced back their roots back to Germany. Yeah, beer and cheese. People here like their cheese very much and beers too.

It was unfortunate that day, that I overslept and woke up at 10.20 am, when the class supposed to start at 9.50am. Shocking. It really gave a little bit of fright of my life. When you could not turn back time. I had sahur at 4.30am and went back to sleep after 6.00am. I set the alarm at 8.30am. And I was sleeping so soundly that I didnt realize the alarm went off.

Thats it, no more sleeping after sahur during school nights. Actually, I tested the alarm a weekend ago and I found that the alarm worked fine, but I am only aware of the alarm sound no less than 8.00am,not at 8.30am And at 8.30 I guess thats where the REM part of the sleep sets in and I am in dreamland (no turning back). Yup, thats true.

Next time, after sahur I shall be sleeping lightly and keeping my eye on the clock always. I never missed class during my undergrad, I guess maybe cause I have a roommate, and when I missed class during grad studies, it kinda makes you not feeling pretty good about yourself. Hopefully, next time, I will be more aware and not miss any more class.

On Tuesday, I callously asked the person next to me for her notes, she wasnt that receptive but she did give her notes. And I thanked her only to get a 'yup!' for a reply. It is after that that I realize that there are some missing parts that she didn't gave to me. After the cold response I get, I was sure wouldn't want to ask her again. And so I asked another student sitting to the right. She was more warm than the 1st. And she was so kind, that she lent me her whole notebook and only asking me to return it on Thursday.

Finally! Someone with a huge heart!! May Allah bless that girl.

No comments: