Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Living in Madison

If a person would ask me how do I feel to go back to Malaysia? I will immediately say "Great! Wonderful and can't wait". and if a person would ask me how's my studies here in Wisconsin, I would say "I'm holding on here and I'm living here day by day".

Overall its been great being here. Especially the shopping I might say. But it also mostly depends on the amount that you put aside each month so that you will have the luxury of shopping. And to simply go shopping every week, hmm thats totally impossible. And I remembered when I first arrived here on a terrible cold that day, and when the folks here went for grocery shopping, I hadn't enough even to buy groceries. Cause I was saving the money just for the rent at the end of the month.

You know, it seemed that I arrived in the middle of January, which means I have to pay the January rent (full- the Regent was terrible! in terms of rent) and at the end of January another rent is coming. Actually I asked everywhere, that usually you only have to pay half months rent if you started renting on the middle of the month. But , NOPE for Regent. Thumbs down for Regent!
Plus when I had to leave the Regent on the middle of May, I had to pay a full months rent for May which doesnt make sense at all. So in total, I had to pay an extra months rent FOR NOTHING!! THANKS REGENT !


So, I have to put aside a rent for February. Here you have to pay the rent early before the start of the month. I remembered that I could only spend USD25 per week for a month,from January until April so that I could survive. You know that the government scholarship is only given on the 3rd month and the next one was due in the end of April. Imagine that! And for 3 month's amount of money, I have to fork out a 4 months' rent!. and that leads to USD100/month to eat or simply survive. How terrible! Shopping? No way!!


I would say the trip to Niagara was the farthest I have been with my friends here, so far he hehe.And It was magnificent! Wonderful Captivating, and not to mention fun too! Riding the maid of the mist (a boat that went near the falls) was fun cause you will be drenched!!

I had an experience camping with my fellow colleague, Shana, in Bailey's harbor. It was interesting to see the huge lake Michigan amidst its natural scenery.

Each day is a little life..
Reese



No comments: