Sunday, December 17, 2006

I'm pondering..

Insurance. Is it worth it?

The insurance will act as a shield, holding point in times of need. Just in case.
The insurance that I had been introduced in the past couple of weeks had me thinking. Thinking alot actually.

The health insurance of Takaful will cover my expenses if there are cases of major road accidents, and also the 40 types of diseases and also in cases where permanent loss of ability. This type of insurance does not cover hospitalization.

The insurance will also act as a savings account. 1:1 Savings: Health. Which in another 25 years time it will gain to approximately Rm48-50K whenever I reached 55 y.o. If i regularly auto-debit RM200/month. And there is option of hospitalization benefits.

There's another one. The prudential takaful.Basically I will get a medical health card, that will cover my expenses for hospitalization and hospitalization alone. If treated as a out-patient , then I will not be covered. It also has the the savings option.

There's even the possibility of me not staying here in Malaysia in the next couple of years. And this thing will surely suck my account for the next decade or so..Imagine.
This insurance does not cover me overseas. Except in cases of death or major disablement. 90 days to the date of the visa,or departure.

Other options , please..?

No comments: