Wednesday, July 07, 2010

You could not change a man unless he wants to change himself

It's really disheartening to see the Malay Muslim community being swept away by the masses, by the culture of the Americans. Here, sex is free, weeds is the norm and alcohol is a part of daily life. Well, in a society where everything and anything is allowable, what holds you back? I would say Iman. I really hope that my belief and Iman will grow stronger as the day passes.
And although it sickens you to see those in sin and it kind of relieves you of the stress of having to live with them and see them everyday, but at the same time, your heart kind of feels sick of saying or criticizing them everyday, everytime.
Well, I guess I better put an end to the comments and critics that I might have.
You could not change a man unless he wants to change himself.
It is actually from the Quran
[13:11]Surah Ar-R'ad
For each one are successive [angels] before and behind him who protect him by the decree of Allah . Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. And when Allah intends for a people ill, there is no repelling it. And there is not for them besides Him any patron.

Sometimes I feel like I am such a coward for letting this happen, in my own house. But then again, I had done my duty, I had told them the rightful way and they did not obey. So, I shall let them be. There is nothing within my power to stop them doing it.
And if a man is not ready for change, he will not change.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kesian u. Kalau x boleh nasihat dengan kata. Kita cuba dalam hati, berdoa mudah - mudah di beri petunjuk olehNya.